Many Society activities are organised through its various Chapters. Currently there are four Chapters:
- Australian National Institute for Theoretical Astrophysics(ANITA),a virtual institute which aims to raise the profile of Australian theoretical astrophysics.
- Early Career Researchers(ECR)
- Education and Public Outreach Chapter(EPOC),serving to advance the level of public awareness of the excitement of astronomy.
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity in Astronomy (IDEA) (formerly 'Women in Astronomy'), to monitor and promote the status of women working in astronomy in Australia and address broader diversity issues in our community.
- Group for Astroparticle Physics (GAP) - Closing the 'gap' between astronomy and particle physics, a key aim of the GAP is to bring together these two communities to advance the field of astroparticle physics. Further information about the GAP can be found in the GAP Charter.
NB - You can select which Chapters you wish to be a member of from within Your Profile, there is no additional cost for joining any of the above Chapters.